Partner, Head of Litigation
Partner, Head of Debt Recovery
Litigation & Personal Injury Claims Solicitors
Our Litigation Department is structured to ensure that all of our solicitors are up to date on the ever changing law. Over the years our reputation has been founded on our experience, our practical and commercial outlook and our willingness to vigorously assert and defend the rights and interests of our clients.
Our solicitors practice at all court levels as well as in arbitrations and constitutional committees. The Litigation department is split into several separate areas of expertise to make sure our team is comprehensively knowledgeable in their areas: Read More
Legal Debt Recovery Solicitors
At Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors we recognise the importance and need for urgency associated with the recovery of any outstanding debt – both commercial debt and consumer debt. Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors is able to offer a reliable and comprehensive legal debt recovery solution, due to the firm’s depth of knowledge, efficiency and expert advice.
We have developed a wealth of knowledge and experience in the specialised area of legal debt recovery solutions and represent clients ranging from financial institutions and credit unions to commercial clients, utility companies and government agencies.
The latest posts from our Blog
- Stamp Duty Relief for Land (6/8/2018) - In the most recent budget the rate of Stamp Duty on non-residential property transactions increased from 2% to 6% with effect from midnight on 10th October 2017. It was expected that the budget would increase the rate of stamp duty for non- residential property although the extent of the increase which was announced was not...Read More
- Health and well being for all our Team (5/28/2018) - On Saturday 26th May the Pierse Fitzgibbon team attended a talk with Tom Coleman, a Nutritional & Health Consultant. The overall goal of the sessions was to “raise awareness, empower clients to improve their health, reduce risk behaviors, deal with Stress, manage their work/life balance better and reduce the impact of poor sleep practices, Food & Nutrition...Read More
- Inheritance Tax (4/17/2018) - As a beneficiary in a will, you only pay inheritance tax if your benefit exceeds a certain amount. This is called the threshold. Any amount below the threshold is tax free. The amount of the threshold will vary depending on your relationship with the deceased. You will have to pay tax on any inheritance exceeding...Read More
- What is the Credit Control Register? (4/6/2018) - The Central Credit Register (the Register) is the centralised system that collects and stores information about loans. The Central Bank of Ireland operates the Register under the Credit Reporting Act, 2013. The Register began to collect personal and credit information from lenders about consumer loans on the 30th June 2017. This information is stored securely...Read More
- Defending your Home Against Intruders (3/29/2018) - I had an article in the The Advertiser some time ago when the “Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling) Act 2011” came into force (on the 13th January 2012). The Act sought to clear up the confusion and uncertainty in the Law regarding a person’s right to defend his home and family against intruders.