About Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors LLP
Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors LLP (Pierse Fitzgibbon) is the enforcement service provider of the barrier-free tolling system on Dublin’s M50 motorway. eFlow is the registered business name of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII). Pierse Fitzgibbon is contracted by TII to provide eFlow enforcement services on their behalf.
TII was established following the statutory merger of the National Roads Authority and the Railway Procurement Agency under the Roads Act 2015. TII is the data controller in respect of the personal data that is collected and processed by eFlow and Pierse Fitzgibbon. TII’s main address is Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10, Ireland.
Purpose of Notice
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the personal data relating to you that Pierse Fitzgibbon may collect and process. Pierse Fitzgibbon fully respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. Any personal data that is processed in relation to the Pierse Fitzgibbon business is processed in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
Contacting Pierse Fitzgibbon
We can be contacted as follows:
By post: Data Protection Officer, Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors, Market Street, Listowel, Co Kerry, V31 DK38.
By phone: 068 56700 or 0818313100
By email: email@example.com
Personal Data Processed by Pierse Fitzgibbon
The processing of personal data is required in order to collect default tolls. Pierse Fitzgibbon may collect and process some or all of the following personal data in relation to you in order to collect default tolls:
- Your name and contact details, including your address and post code;
- Your vehicle registration number;
- Toll passage evidence including vehicle images, payment history, and correspondences and communication in relation to unpaid tolls;
- Any other personal data which you provide to us.
Sources of Personal Data
As well as collecting information from you directly, Pierse Fitzgibbon may receive or collect information about you and your vehicle from the eFlow Toll Operator.
Telephone calls to and from Pierse Fitzgibbon may be recorded for quality and verification purposes.
Purpose of Processing and Legal Basis
Pierse Fitzgibbon your personal data in order to collect default tolls and penalties in respect of your use of the M50 barrier free tolling. The legal basis for processing of such personal data is in compliance with TII’s legal obligations, including the right to demand, charge collect and recover toll payments and all other amounts due as a consequence of the use of the toll road.
Recipients of Data
Pierse Fitzgibbon may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, in the following circumstances:
- We may share personal data with our agents, contractors and service providers who assist us with the operation of aspects of our services and functions, such as our payment card processor, banking and printing/postal correspondence contractors, and law enforcement agencies.
- If you send us a comment, complaint or query in relation to a matter that we are not responsible for, we will ask for your permission to pass on your communication to the relevant third party.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Pierse Fitzgibbon, our clients, or others. We may also share information about the way you conduct your account with credit reference agencies.
- Where required or permitted by law, we may share your personal data with other public authorities and bodies, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
- Where we are otherwise permitted by law.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The retention periods differ depending on the type of categories of personal data held.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Security of Your Information
The personal data which we process is held on secure servers hosted by Pierse Fitzgibbon and at a secure data hosting centre located in the Republic of Ireland. Pierse Fitzgibbon has adopted appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will also ensure that our agents or third-party service providers who process your data are required to keep your data safe and secure.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transit that data to another data controller, and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the Pierse Fitzgibbon Data Protection Officer, using the contract details indicated above.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details above.
Alternatively, TII’s Data Protection Officer may be contacted as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Transport Infrastructure Ireland,
Parkgate Business Centre,
Dublin 8, D08 DK10
Further information about data protection can be found on the Data Protection Commission’s website: www.dataprotection.ie
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights.
Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the Data Protection Commission’s website.